Thursday, August 30, 2007

Miscellaneous, etc.


Poll update: Capt. Crunch was grateful to tears for being elected the "Next Great Lunch Box." Be proud, all of you who exercised your freedom to vote. However, Capt. Stubing more than hinted to me that he's miffed at being slighted in this poll.
And to those who took on the trivia challenge, you sure know your train robbers. Big Mouth Billy Bass was...not it. I'd better admit it was Sam before he comes back and sets me straight. Neither was it hockey player Cody, nor would-be astronaut/N'Sync alum Lance. (I'm so sad that I know that.)

Random topic: "The Bourne Ultimatum" was a good movie. David and I saw it at our drive-in last weekend (which has the best popcorn, by the way), and we both liked it. I hadn't seen the previous two. Despite warnings from an anonymous friend (initials K.C.) not to do this, I just read the plot summaries of those first two online and was able to keep up with this third movie. What movies have you all seen (or want to see) lately, either in the theater, DVD, or TV?

Did anyone catch the lunar eclipse this week? I didn't, but Del Tackett from The Truth Project has an interesting blog entry about it - and great picture - here.

One last item: "dd pk" from a couple of the comments - show your identity! I have my ideas, and you obviously know me... Speak up and let me see if my guess is correct. =)

15 comments:

Christi said...

I think that you are trying to skew the results for the latest poll by having supper on there 3 times. LOL! But I disagree...it's dinner! ;) smiles...

Travis said...

I'm kinda interested in seeing that movie about how the Mormons massacred that group of settlers. I think it's called September Morn. But, as we have little kids, we gave up going to the movies for lent.

Alison Bryant said...

Why, Christi, I have no idea what you mean! Where did you get that idea? =)
I haven't heard of that movie, but then again, I don't hear about a lot of things. Let me guess...is it coming out in September?
Well, off to breakfast at Calloway's. Mmmm...

Anonymous said...

Well, I have this discussion with my Mother at least once a year. And I'm going to have to agree with Christi...it's dinner. LOL Although, the reason for that could be because I don't like to agree with my mother...but that's another topic, eh?

And...I want to see "So, I Married an Axe Murderer" again. I'll bet Dan will veto that, though. We saw "Blades of Glory" earlier this week...hilarrrrrreooous. Next on our Blockbuster list is "The Lake House". :::awaiting everyone's jaws to return to their normal closed position::: But you know I just want to see it because Ted Theodore Logan is in it. ;)

Anonymous said...

According to the laws of the universe, since I don't cook it I have to call it what she wants if I want to eat it. Dinner it is!

Alison Bryant said...

I can't believe what I'm reading! You people actually think you're entitled to your own opinion. --Although, Daniel, I must say that you're a very wise man since Kara is a great cook. Now, to the one person so far who voted for "Supper," (and we both know who you are) defend the true and right moniker!

Wow, Kara, I am in shock. And you don't have to pretend the Lake House thing is because of the excellent actor. I know there's a chick-flick chick deep inside of you. Come to the dark --er, sappy side. If I had known earlier, I could've sent both of those movies home with Jacque and Roger. (P.S. You'll like the quote at the bottom of the blog.)

Anonymous said...

Man, I hate it when I make Capt. Crunch cry...that guy cries like a baby and I hate having to call him Captain when he's like that.

Aren't dinner and supper the same thing?

Anonymous said...

As long as we are not calling either one of them lunch I am good with either. Lunch is only that - lunch.

Anonymous said...

ROFL! YAY! You know...when I first posted my comment, I was going to put that EXACT quote. And then decided against it for fear of you laughing at me, rather than with me.

And I do believe that I am slowly coming over to the dark..err, sappy side with you. I blame that on Dan though. Mr. Chick Flick himself. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey now! A little someone won't even allow me to get Disturbia and I become Mr. Chick Flick?!?!

Alison Bryant said...

Yes, I see Daniel as more of a Mr. Chick-fil-A than Mr. Chick Flick.

Christi said...

Note on the latest poll...I am voting for Nat'l Squirrel apprec. day on behalf of Junior the cat. Without the squirrels to watch, he would have nothing to do all day! smiles...

Christi said...

LOL...Daniel as Mr Chick-fil-A...I'm seeing it!

Travis said...

Well, I've allowed this non-sense to go on too long. Allow me to settle this issue once and for all, and I will use an authority that none of you can trump. It's called the Lord's SUPPER, not the Lord's dinner. I rest my case.

Anonymous said...

I very humbly stand corrected. But as for me and my house, we shall call it dinner.