Thursday, August 16, 2007

Howdy

Apparently I've now joined the 21st century. At times I've read the first posts on others' blogs, and many of them say something along the lines of what I'm about to say: I never thought I'd set up a blog. I feel kind of sheepish asking others to humor me by visiting it.

Nonetheless, here it is...we'll see what this evolves into. I'll post on a variety of things that catch my attention. If they catch your attention, too, I really hope you'll comment. (Then maybe I won't feel quite as sheepish!) And between you and me, I'm also using this to challenge myself to dust off my writing habit (poetry, etc.). At times some of those writings may appear here as well. For now, thanks for visiting, and I hope you check back soon!

P.S.: I hope you take a second to weigh in on my (ahem) purely scientific poll on the left.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! I'll visit often. Because I think you are awesome. And I don't know who voted "Eye of the Tiger" but they are wrong. ;) Although, I do like the Starbucks version..."Glen, Glen, Glen, Glen."
Cameo Rocks! Ok, I'm back to my little geeky corner of the world now.

Christi said...

yay, Alison!!!! I am so excited that you are doing this! smiles...

Anonymous said...

Hey Alison!

Christi listed your blog on her blog, so here I am! I will look forward to reading it regularly -- good luck!
Mom In Midland!

Anonymous said...

This blog site makes me prouder than a cat with two tails. Since there were no John Denver songs to choose from, I will have to say that Smokey Mountain Rain is the best song. (I would vote, but my firewall doesn't like your poll.) I'm looking forward to your future blaws, or is that blogs? I will leave you with one word: Cacao!

Dave said...

Kara, Eye of the Tiger wrong? Are you crazy? Wait...you married my brother...don't answer that.

Alison, I can't wait to see what you have to say to the world!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your blog! I look forward to hearing what you have to type.

Carolyn said...

Congrats on Blogging! Enjoy the ride, they can be lots of fun. It looks like your off to a good start.

A friend of Christi