Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Sweet Justice


Just a quick note to let you know the results of the fall sports poll-- hockey wins! And, no, I didn't vote more than once despite popular opinion to the contrary (I simply pay off people well). If it makes you feel any better, football fans, football did make a courageous rush for the end zone, only to be met at the five yard line by fight-hungry hockey players. Well, at least most football players have all of their teeth.

This is an autographed picture of my favorite hockey player, former Dallas Stars goalie Ed ("The Eagle") Belfour. He was a feisty one and helped the Stars win the Stanley Cup in 1999. Ah, those were the days.
Anyone else have some favorite sports memories?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite sports memory is from that very game. Emily was a newborn, and sleeping between Daniel and me. Every good play, or score, we had to celebrate...silently. Don't want to wake a newborn, ya know. That had to be the longest game ever. Did it go to double or triple overtime?

Anonymous said...

I was thinking about that game as well. The game was on ESPN, but we didn't have cable so we are listening to it on the radio. For games on ESPN, we would usually go to a local pizza place or a recreation room at seminary with another couple. But this is another triple overtime game (the Stars had how many that posrseason? 3?). So, now it's way too late to watch the game somewhere, and we're now at home listening to the radio. It is now sometime between 1 and 2 am, and I couldn't keep my eyes open. Then, the Stars win, and I am way too excited to sleep for a couple of hours. Great night.

Anonymous said...

Ok, so triple overtime. Wow. Long game, eh?

Nice Haiku, Alison. LOL