Thursday, October 11, 2007

Short (and Sweet?)

...And now back to our regularly-scheduled blog posts. This week I had a hiatus from the internet courtesy of our DSL provider--much of our area was off line for a couple of days. Very disruptive. Although I had internet withdrawals and started getting a nervous tick that made others hide their frightened children, I think it was healthy to be low-tech for a couple of days.

Apparently I didn't list your favorite superheroes. Besides the mighty Tick, who did I leave out?

Anyway, I'm so proud of how many of you rose to the Balderdash challenge! And for all of your trouble, here are the top-secret true definitions of the words:

Piebald:
adjective
having sections or patches colored differently and usually brightly; "a jester dressed in motley"; "the painted desert"; "a particolored dress"; "a piebald horse"; "pied daisies" [syn: motley]
WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.

Farrago:
a confused mixture; hodgepodge; medley: a farrago of doubts, fears, hopes, and wishes.
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.




9 comments:

Travis said...

So I was right! I knew the answer, but I didn't want to offend any of the blood Bryants or their family members. Just consider me the coxcombish pied piper. (I work with rats).

Honestly, there is no superhero beyond Superman. He is a great typification of our Lord. Plus, he can see through walls! Although, I have to admit that the lille Japanese dude on Heros is pretty cool.

Travis said...

Also, 'How bout them Cowboys?'

Alison Bryant said...

Also, how 'bout them villains? Who are some of your favorite baddies? I must admit that one of mine is The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs at Midnight, again courtesy of The Tick. Another? The Soup Nazi. A last one: J.R.

Anonymous said...

J.R. Do you mean Jeremy Roenick? (asking in all sincerity)

Alison Bryant said...

Well, back when he was acting all whiny about the hit from Hatcher (we're talking hockey now) I might've been referring to him, but no, I'm talking about bad ol' J.R. from Big D.

Travis said...

Don't forget the really bad guys such as Anubis and Drako Malfoy

Alison Bryant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison Bryant said...

Despite another funny name that's not scary, Anubis does terrorize our Wii, what with his eyebrows on top of his head and all.

In the late 70s/early 80s, I loved watching Buck Rodgers. They had a freaky villain guy who looked Dracula-ish. He gave me nightmares. I saw a rerun of the show a few months ago and that villain was on the episode. I had to laugh at how ridiculous the costume was. Do you ever (as an adult) see things from your childhood and it looks so different than you remember it?

Anonymous said...

By the way, I don't think JR was being whiny about that hit from Hatcher. I mean, come on, the guy's jaw was broken in 7 places! That would give any man the right to whine (through his wired together jaws).