Friday, April 11, 2008

Weekend silliness...seriously.

Fridays are a great time to write fun posts. Try this one on for size.

I've stumbled on to a fellow aspiring writer. Those of you who watch "The Office" on Thursdays are familiar with the character of Creed. He's a harmless-looking, middle-aged character with a colorful past (and present; notice that I said he's harmless looking). Pretty sure he's lost brain cells along the way.

Anyway, this character has a (ahem) "blog" on the the show's web site. Creed is now writing his own adventure story series, like the stories he said as a boy he read in the back of comic books. Here's his blog, along with the first two installments of the story. Be sure to start with the April 3rd entry. I can't vouch for how the story will evolve in the future, but so far it's...um, creative.
Creed Thoughts



7 comments:

Dave said...

Alright! I think just three more days until the next creed thought. His story cracks me up.

Travis said...

All this time I thought Bigfoot had two arms... Creed has made me rethink everything I've ever known.

Alison Bryant said...

Oddly, he has that effect on people. But watch out...we know he's just looney enough to have been smoking something for a while.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe he gave up on the yeti story. That's too bad

Alison Bryant said...

Hmmm...that gives me an idea. For those who've read the story: how would you end it? I'd love to hear your version.

Anonymous said...

Well, since this is your writing blog, I think you should take first crack at it.

Anonymous said...

Here's my official stance on your tootsie pop poll: 310 to get to the center from one side. So, 620 for the whole pop.

I was in the Mombasa airport for a few hours after traveling over 30 hours straight and was just weird enough to give it a shot.

Of course my scientific experiment has a give or take of 15 licks per side. Also, your mileage may vary if you have a larger or small tongue than mine...or if you have a sandpapery cat tongue...I think I dated a girl with one of those once....

:-P